Data protection declaration
Status as of: December 2021
The GMT group is a leading international manufacturer of components and systems for vibration technology. Our customers in the markets of plant and mechanical engineering, rail vehicles, aviation, in the construction machinery sector and in the commercial vehicle industry appreciate our customer-specific innovations and technological competence. GMT appreciates your visit to our website and your interest in our company and our products. The following provides you with information about the typ and handling personal data, which we
(hereinafter “Website”) process, for which purpose, the legal basis and your rights as a data subject.
1. General information
(1) You can print or save this document by using the usual functionality of your browser (usually “File” → "Save as"). You can also download and archive this document in PDF format by clicking → here.
To open the PDF file you need the free program Adobe Reader (at www.adobe.de) or similar program that can execute the PDF format.
(2) Further information on the processing of personal data by GMT beyond the operation of the website can be found in the supplement → Data protection information for customers and suppliers according to GDPR, which we have also made available on our website.
2. Responsible party / Data Protection Officer
(1) Responsible party according to Art. 4 no. 7 EU Data Protection Basic Regulation (GDPR) is the
GMT Gummi-Metall-Technik GmbH
Liechtersmatten 5, D - 77815 Bühl
Tel. +49 7223 804-0
Fax +49 7223 21075
hereinafter referred to as "GMT", "we" or "us". Further information about the provider can be found in our legal notice.
(2) You can contact the company data protection officer as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org or via our postal address with the suffix “Data Protection Officer”.
3. Types of data processed, categories of data subjects
3.1 Type of data processed
3.2 Categories of data subjects
(In the following, we also refer to the data subjects collectively as "users").
4. Purpose of processing
We use your personal data
5. Provision of the website and log files
(1) When using the website for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser automatically transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which are technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to guarantee stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 item f) GDPR):
(2) The IP addresses of the users are deleted or made anonymous after the end of use. In the case of anonymization, the IP addresses are changed in such a way that the individual information about personal or factual circumstances can no longer be assigned to a specific or identifiable natural person, or only with a disproportionately large expenditure of time, cost and manpower.
(3) We evaluate these log file data records in anonymized form in order to further improve our offer and make it more user-friendly, to find and correct errors more quickly and to control server capacities.
(1) In addition to the aforementioned log file data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are assigned to the browser you are using and stored on your hard drive and through which the body that sets the cookie (in this case by us) receives certain information. Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They serve to make the internet offer more user-friendly and effective overall.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
b) Session cookies store a so-called session ID, with which various requests of your browser can be assigned to the common session. Session cookies are automatically deleted after 1 hour when you log out or close your browser. If you restart your browser and go back to the website, the website will not recognize you. You will have to log in again (if a login is required) or you will have to set templates and preferences again if the website offers these features. Then a new session cookie is generated, which stores your information and remains active until you leave the site again and close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period of time, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
When you visit our website, the country and language selection determined or selected by you is stored in cookies to save you having to make the selection again on subsequent visits. In advance, we check whether your browser supports cookies and this information is stored in another cookie. Subsequently, you will be shown contact information localized by country and language, which will also be stored. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 para. 1 p.1 lit. f) GDPR.
Technically necessary cookies enable the use of our website by providing basic functions such as page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. Visiting our website cannot function properly without these cookies.
Storage time: Session cookies - are deleted after 1 hour when the browser is closed.
Performance (e.g. browser of the user) and preferences
When using our website, cookies are used (e.g. to recognize the browser) to improve performance (e.g. faster loading of content). When you visit our website, the country and language selection determined or selected by you is stored in cookies to save you having to make the selection again on subsequent visits. In advance, we check whether your browser supports cookies and this information is stored in another cookie. Subsequently, you will be shown country- and language-specific localized contact information, which will also be stored. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 para. 1 p.1 lit. f) GDPR.
Storage time: Session cookies - are deleted after 1 hour when the browser is closed.
(4) Control over cookies
You can configure your browser settings according to your preferences and, for example, control or reject the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies as you wish. You can delete existing cookies via the browser settings. We would like to point out that you may then not be able to use all functions of this website.
7. Contact form and e-mail contact
(1) A contact form is available on our website which can be used for electronic contact. If a user takes advantage of this option, the data entered in the input mask will be transmitted to us and stored.These data are:
* The fields marked with an asterisk are required, please fill in. Thank you very much.
At the time of sending the following data will also be stored:
(2) Your consent is obtained for the processing of the data within the scope of the sending process and reference is made to this data protection declaration. Alternatively, you can contact us via the e-mail address provided. In this case, the user's personal data transmitted by e-mail will be stored. The data is used exclusively for processing the conversation.
(3) The legal basis for the processing of data is Art. 6 para. 1 item a) GDPR if the user has given their consent. The legal basis for the processing of data transmitted in the course of sending an e-mail is Art. 6 para. 1 item f) GDPR. If the e-mail contact aims at the conclusion of a contract, then the additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 para. 1 item b) GDPR.
(4) The processing of the personal data from the input mask merely serves to address the establishment of contact. In the event of contact by e-mail, this also constitutes the necessary legitimate interest in the processing of the data.
(5) The data will be deleted as soon as it is no longer necessary to achieve the objective for which it was collected. For the personal data from the input mask of the contact form and the data that was sent by e-mail, this is the case when the respective conversation with the user is concluded. The conversation is terminated when it can be inferred from the circumstances that the facts in question have been definitively clarified.
8. Job description (career by GMT)
(1) We advertise vacancies on our website. To process your online application, we collect, process and use your personal data. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p.1 lit. b) GDPR. Your online application data will be transmitted by e-mail directly to the HR managers of the management. Appropriate technical and organizational measures ensure that your personal data is handled confidentially within the legal provisions.
(2) Please note that the transmission of data by e-mail is not encrypted and that the data may be read or falsified by unauthorized persons. You are welcome to send us your documents by mail. If you have applied for a specific position and this position has already been filled, or if we consider you to be equally or even more suitable for another position, we would be happy to forward your application within our company. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f) GDPR to protect your and our legitimate interests. Please inform us if you do not agree with this procedure. After completion of the application process, but after 6 months at the latest, your personal data will be automatically deleted unless you expressly consent to storage for a longer period.
9. Web analysis services
GMT does not use web analysis services.
10. Automated decision making, profiling
For the establishment and implementation of the business relationship, we generally do not use fully automated decisionﬁndings according to Article 22 DSGVO. GMT does not use profiling.
11. Disclosure to third parties
(1) In the context of hosting our website, your data processed by us will be processed on the basis of an order processing agreement.
(2) In the case of the use of web analytics services and third-party providers, the data will be transmitted to the extent described herein, see section B.
12. Storage period
We process and store your personal data as long as it is necessary for the fulfillment of our contractual and legal obligations. We will delete your personal data as soon as it is no longer required for the above-mentioned purposes. In this context, personal data may be retained for the period during which claims can be asserted against our companies (statutory limitation periods of three or up to thirty years). Corresponding obligations to provide proof and to retain data result from commercial, tax and social security regulations.
B. Third-party Processing
(1)This website uses Cookiebot: The Cookiebot Consent Management Platform (CMP) provides transparency and control over all cookies and similar tracking on our website. By means of the CMP, users can customize their consent. The plug-and-play solution for data privacy compliance is based on scanning technology that detects and controls all cookies and trackers on a website and automatically manages end-user consents.
(2)Third Party Provider Information: Cookiebot CMP is a cloud service of the e-privacy company Usercentrics, Usercentrics GmbH, Sendlinger Straße 7, 80331 Munich, Germany, Tel: + 49 89 21 54 01 20, Email: email@example.com
Information on the processing of your personal data by Cookiebot can be found here: www.cookiebot.com/de/privacy-policy/. The Cookie Statement can be found here:https://www.cookiebot.com/de/cookie-declaration/
2. Google Web Fonts
(1) This site uses so-called web fonts provided by Google for the uniform display of fonts. When you call up a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into its browser cache in order to display texts and fonts correctly.
(2) The web fonts are installed on our web server and are provided there when the website is called up. A data transfer to Google does not take place.
3. You Tube
(1) We have integrated YouTube videos into our online offer, which are stored on www.youtube.com and can be played directly from our website. These are all integrated in "extended data protection mode", i.e. no data about you as a user is transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos, the data mentioned in paragraph 2 are transmitted. We have no influence on this data transmission.
(2) By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data mentioned in section 5 (Provision of the web page and log files) of this declaration are transmitted. This occurs regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account via which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your data will be directly assigned to your account. If you do not want the assignment with your profile at YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and/ or needs-based design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) for the provision of needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
4. Links to other Websites
(2) The links to external websites are checked by us before linking. However, we have no influence on whether their operators comply with data protection regulations. If we become aware of any violations or infringements, we will remove the corresponding links immediately.
C. Your rights
If personal data is processed by you, you are affected in the sense of GDPR and you have the following rights against us as the responsible party:
1. Rights according to Art. 15 ff. GDPR
(1) The data subject has the right to obtain confirmation from the controller as to whether the personal data concerned are being processed. If this is the case, he or she has a right of information about this personal data and to the information listed in detail in Article 15 of the GDPR. Under certain conditions, you have the Right to rectification according to Article 16 GDPR, the Right to restriction of processing according to Article 18 GDPR and the Right to erasure (“Right to be forgotten”) according to Article 17 GDPR. In addition, you have the right to have the data provided by you published in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (right to data portability) in accordance with Article 20 GDPR, provided that the processing is carried out using automated means and is based on consent pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 item a) or Art. 9 para. 2 item a) or on a contract pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 item b) GDPR. The restrictions according to Sections 34 and 35 BDSG apply to the right of information and the right of erasure.
(2) You can revoke your consent to the processing of personal data at any time. This also applies to the revocation of declarations of consent issued to us prior to the validity of the GDPR, i.e. before 25 May 2018. Please note that the revocation will only take effect in the future. Processing that took place before the revocation is not affected by this.
2. Right of complaint
You have the option of contacting us or a data protection supervisory authority with a complaint, in particular in the Member State of your place of residence, of work or of the place of presumed infringement (Article 77 GDPR in conjunction with Section 19 BDSG). Item 9 remains unaffected.
3. Right to object under Article 21 GDPR
In addition to the above rights, you have the right to object as follows:
a) Right to object in individual cases
You have the right to object at any time for reasons arising from your particular situation to the processing of personal data concerning you, which is based on Article 6 para. 1 item e) GDPR (data processing in the public interest) and Article 6 para. 1 item f) GDPR (data processing on the basis of a balance of interests); this also applies to profiling based on this provision within the meaning of Article 4 para. 4 GDPR.
If you object, we will no longer process your personal data, unless we can prove compelling reasons worthy of protection for the processing, which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
b) Right to object to the processing of data for advertising purposes
In individual cases we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for the purpose of such advertising; this also applies to profiling, insofar as it is associated with such direct advertising. If you object to the processing for direct advertising purposes, we will no longer process your personal data for these purposes.
The objection can be sent form-free to the office indicated under item 1 of this data protection declaration.
4. Regulatory authority
You can contact the regulatory authority responsible in Baden-Württemberg as follows:
Der Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit
(The State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information)
Postfach 10 29 32, D-70025 Stuttgart
Phone: +49 (0)711/615541-0
Fax: +49 (0)711/615541-15